Training for primary schools’ Boards of Management
“The weeks ahead will be an exciting, challenging and busy time for the Catholic primary schools of the Diocese of Meath” Fr Brendan Ludlow explains. New Boards of Management which will take office on 1 December 2015. “On behalf of Bishop Smith, I would like to thank all those who served on Boards of Management of schools of the Diocese during this term of office, for their generosity, service, dedication and commitment to your school community."
Two training workshops are scheduled this week for those who have been proposed for appointment as Chairperson of the new Boards of Management on 1 December.
The training takes place as follows:
Tuesday 3 November in the Mullingar Park Hotel at 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday 4 November in the Ardboyne Hotel, Navan at 7:30 p.m.
Furthermore a full training day has been scheduled for Board Members on
Saturday 5 December in the Johnstown House Hotel Conference Centre, Enfield, Co. Meath from 10:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
On that occasion, workshops will include:
- The Board as Corporate Entity
- Board Finances and the Role of the Treasurer
- Recruitment and Appointment Procedures (compulsory for all those who will be engaged in interviewing and those who wish to be appointed as independent assessors)
- Anti-Bullying Procedures
- Preparing and Implementing a Health and Safety Policy in a Primary School Setting
- The new RE Curriculum and the Veritas Programme "Grow in Love" (All principals are asked to attend this workshop)
- Energy Efficiency in Schools - Preparing for forthcoming Legislation
- Leadership in a Catholic Schools - "How Policy supports Ethos".